We Are All Seasons Every Sale!
Tag These Items First:
Where can you find more to sell? Closets, spare closets, garage, basement, kitchen cupboards, toy boxes, and under the kids’ beds!
Outdoor and Pretend Play
**BEST SELLERS** Kitchens, work benches, toy boxes, sand boxes, picnic tables, wagons, play houses, slides, climbers, bicycles, etc. All items must be fully assembled for the sale, or a photo of the fully assembled item must be included.
**BEST SELLERS** High Chairs, exersaucers, bouncy seats, pack n play’s, activity centers, strollers, cribs (manufactured June 28, 2011 or later), car seats, etc. All car seats must be no more than 5 years old with only one owner, and have never been in a car wreck. Check for recalls at www.recalls.gov. Car seat form is required to sell a car seat at check in. All items must be fully assembled for the sale, or a photo of the fully assembled item must be included.
Fisher Price, American Girl, Lego, Pokemon, Little People and super hero, trains, cars, trucks and TONS MORE. All electronics must turn on. REMINDER: All toys requiring batteries MUST contain working batteries to be accepted for the sale. Battery powered toys that do not contain working batteries will be sent home with the consignor.
Games and Puzzles
Wooden peg, floor puzzles, board games, card games, etc. All parts and pieces must be present. Please don’t tape the boxes closed so our intake coordinators can double check.
Kids Room Decor
Kids room picture frames, wall art, lamps, dining sets, end tables, chairs, hutch, bedroom furniture, outdoor furniture
All ages, all sizes, all seasons. (NO play shoes. No obvious scuffs, dirt or wear. Clean out Velcro straps so no fuzz.) Children’s shoes in the best condition, including sandals, dance shoes, snow boots, ball cleats, etc. We will only take new or nearly new tennis shoes. Limit of 10 pairs of shoes per consignor, per gender.
Purses and Diaper Bags
Clean it up! Zip tie to a hanger. Designer? Attach a receipt!
Baby and Toddler Needs
Wraps, carriers, feeding, nursing pillow, monitors, maternity aides, cloth diapers, guardrails, hats/mittens
Bath and Swim
Bath tubs, towels, swimsuits, floaties, goggles
School and Travel
Backpacks, suitcases, bookbags
Sporting Equipment and Bikes
Bats, golf clubs, baseball gloves, skateboards, skates, hockey sticks, helmets, etc. Bikes of all sizes.
Wii, Xbox, PS4, Leap Frog, DS
Bundle similar level books together. Homeschool curriculum and educational books, too! Books must be in like-new condition, with no writing or missing pages.
Scrapbooking albums, cases, paper cutters, kid-themed picture frames, character cake pans
Mattresses, mattress cover, nursery bedding sets including crib bumper pads, crib comforters, crib skirts, matching mobile, matching curtains, etc., twin comforter sets including quilts, sheets, dust ruffles, blankets, sleeping bags
All seasons all the time! MBC looks for the highest quality items. Name brand items sell best, however, high quality items sell EXTREMELY well. No matter what the brand, the quality is the most important! Clothing sets should be the same size AND brand unless otherwise indicated on the tag.
Preemie – Size 18/20
See below for requirements and limits
Clothing Requirements and Limits
Items are counted at check in! Please follow the limits!
- Up to 300 items total
- Up to 10 pairs of shoes per gender
- Up to 125 hanging clothing items
- Up to 50 items per gender (sizes preemie-24m/2T) within your 125 hanging clothing items
If limits are met, MBC consignors can choose to purchase a second consignor number (to double the limits).
Note: coats, costumes, hung non-clothing items do not count towards the max for indicated categories
Spring/Summer: Focus on WARMER WEATHER clothing, however sweatshirts, long sleeve t-shirts, and other “Kansas year round items” are okay. We will not accept on a select basis heavy winter coats, wool fabrics, winter pj’s, cords, thick fleece, etc at the spring sale in any size. Just remember, you want to bring items that will sell- not many people will be looking for winter type items. You might save those for our Fall or Winter sale.
Selling Success for Clothing
- Tag your BEST. Shoppers decide what they’ll buy
- Price it like you’d buy it
- NO stains, smells. hair, tears. It must be fresh, clean and current (less then 5 years of age)
- Leave “play clothes” for a friend
- Double check for stains in GOOD lighting
- Bundle multiple pieces together and sell as one item
Quality- Bring Your BEST!
We have high quality, very organized events. Please do not bring items that are stained, worn out, out of date, smoky, musty or showing animal hair. Mama’s won’t buy them!
- Would you purchase it for $2.00? If not, either bundle it with other items or donate it. After that, every price should be in $.50 increments. No odd prices.
- How to Bundle? Small items like socks, hats, binkies, bibs, etc can be pinned onto, and sold with, an outfit. Several books of the same reading level can be sold as one item by wrapping the in saran wrap or putting them in freezer bag. The minimum value must be $2.00.
- Customers come back because of our high quality items!
- Making sure all electronics work, pieces are present, and everything is in good working order is imperative. If it doesn’t turn on, doesn’t work or is missing important pieces, please do not bring it!
Items We Can’t Accept
Experience tells us these don’t sell well or are illegal to sell. Remember: Tag your best!
Recalled? Damaged? Risk?
- Especially baby gear, make sure it isn’t recalled by checking We Make It Safer or CPSC.
- Broken? Missing pieces important to using the item? Skip it.
Stained, Scuffed, Hairy, Worn Out, Old
- Triple check for stains! (Mama’s don’t want stained stuff)
- Is it worn out? Out-dated? Scuffed, smelly or smoky? Didn’t get clean in the wash? Skip it.
- Pet hair? Clean it up or skip it.
- Clothing not meeting MBC standards can be donated. These items may not be perfect for the MBC sale, but they still make great play clothes!
Adult Themed and Media
- Adult books
- Adult themed books
- Any Adult Themed VHS or DVD
- Any Adult Themed CD
- “Stuffed toys” must DO something or be a character or a Build a Bear. No random stuffed animals.
- We cannot accept anything with fiber fill in a bag. Safety pin or zip tie fiber fill items as we take care of sanitizing it for you with SteriFab.
- “Happy Meal” / Kids Meal toys
Misc Not Accepted
- Single use breast pumps or used breast pump parts
- Adult Clothing, including Maternity (exceptions: nursing bras, pregnancy/support belts, etc.)
- Used nipples, pacifiers, rubber coated cups/utensils, etc
- Undergarments such as underwear and panties (except for socks in great condition or new items in original packaging)
- Opened cardboard box puzzles (unless LARGE pieces that are countable)
- Appliances, computers, printers, office items, etc.
- Custom/Homemade Items – Please respect our vendors and do not sell items you make. For example, hair bows, tutus, blankets, etc. It is okay to bring one or two of these items, but please do not bring more or they will be left in your tub. Please sign up to be a vendor if you would like to bring additional items.
- Please check ALL items to make sure they are not recalled (www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prerel.html). Pay special attention to car seats and cribs. (Note: If you would like to sell a car set, please print off a Car Seat Safety Checklist, fill it out, and attach to the car seat.) **Do you have an expired car seat? MBC no longer recycles expired car seats, but we watch for local opportunities and will post on Facebook.