Workers are really the ones who make the MBC sale a success! We always have amazing people who work very hard, and we hope to have the same for this sale.
REMEMBER: YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A CONSIGNOR TO WORK!!!! However, if you are a non-consignor worker, you may only work the days/times BEFORE the consignor/worker pre-sale.
Don’t forget those husbands! We always need some extra muscle…especially during set-up and tear-down!
General: Monday – Saturday
- During set-up, arrange clothing and other items on the racks, tables, etc.
- During check-in, help the consignors locate the appropriate sections for them to place their items.
- Help move tables, racks, etc. as needed as the consignors drop off their items.
- During the sale, make sure the sale looks neat and organized by tidying up racks, tables, etc.
- During the sale, watch for shoplifters!! Keep an eye on each exit and make sure no one leaves with un-paid merchandise.
- During the sale, place a “Sold” sign on large merchandise and give the tag to the holding area.
Consignor Check-In: Sunday – Tuesday
- Help check in consignors by checking their items for stains, tears, odors, worn knees, etc.
- Put consignors’ items out on the floor in the appropriate sections to sell.
Sale Check-Out: Wednesday – Saturday
- Carefully take the tags off of each item and quickly check to make sure the tag matches the item.
- Guide the shoppers through the check-out line to the next available register.
Holding Area: Wednesday – Saturday
- Gather shoppers’ items, place them in the holding area, and place a number with their items. Then give the shopper a coinciding numbered bracelet.
Post-Sale, Pick-Up and Tear Down: Saturday
- Sort all of the unsold items by consignor number.
- Help take down racks.
- Fold up tables.
- Gather unsold items and help each consignor carry those items out of the building.
Other Ways to Help
- Help MBC make connections with any local advertising such as TV, radio, newspapers, etc.
- Connect MBC with your moms’ group members. Note: Group must be pre-approved by MBC.
- Put up signs in prominent locations the Wednesday before the sale (pick up signs at check-in) and then return them during pick-up on Saturday.