NEW- If you have successfully printed tags with barcodes in previous sales, you may need to download and install a renamed barcode font if you have downloaded a sale profile since 9/25/2014 and the barcode is not showing on your tags. See http://tagityourself.com/lite/help/barcodefont.htm for more information.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ the information below. Tags not meeting the MBC requirements will NOT be accepted. If you ever have any questions regarding tagging, please contact us! We want your tagging process to be easy and we also want to avoid the need for you to re-create any of your tags!
If you are interested in computer generating your tags, we highly recommend using the tagging program call TagIt. It is a software program designed to help consignors quickly tag and keep track of their consignment items. If you are interested in purchasing the full version of TagIt, which allows the consignor to consign unsold items in numerous sales, use the code MBCKS5 to receive a 20% discount! To learn more about TagIt, visit www.tagityourself.com for screen shots and helpful videos.
If you would rather test out the program before you purchase it, MBC has arranged for our consignors to receive a FREE limited version of TagIt called TagItLite. As frequent consignors ourselves, we have used TagIt for every sale and love it! We think you will feel the same about TagItLite. To familiarize yourself with the program, please visit www.tagityourself.com/lite/lite.htm. In addition, each consignor who uses TagIt or TagItLite with barcodes that scan 75% of the time will be entered into a drawing to receive 85% of their total sales!!
Items you need to tag with TagIt or TagItLite:
- PC (non-Mac) computer (Have a Mac? Use the Excel form instead.)
- Cardstock paper (64# or heavier). We cannot accept tags printed on regular paper, such as computer paper, as it will tear too easily.
- If you DO NOT want to donate your unsold items at the end of the sale, use WHITE cardstock when printing your tags.
- If you DO want to donate your unsold items at the end of the sale, use PASTEL cardstock when printing your tags.
Using TagIt or TagItLite:
The following are the steps to get started using TagItLite. It might be helpful to print the following instructions. If you already own TagIt, please follow steps 4-6.
- Go to www.tagityourself.com/lite/lite.htm for detailed instructions for TagItLite.
- Download your free version of the software by clicking on ‘Register” on the left side of the screen. You will need MBC’s user name and password (which we will provide to you when you register as a consignor). Save the download (file: tagitlitesetup.exe) on your computer where you can find it–perhaps on your desktop.
- Install the software by double-clicking on the downloaded file from #2 (tagitlitesetup.exe). Follow the prompts. It is strongly recommended that you install to the default directories.
- Download and import Mulberry Bush Consignment’s Sale Profile from www.tagityourself.com/saleprofiles/saleprofiles.htm. The Sale Profile contains the correct layout for MBC tags. Save it to a location on your computer where you can find it. One possibility is the default installation at c:/program files/tagitlite. Open TagItLite, click on ‘Import Sale Profile’ and follow the prompts. You will need the user name and password provided by MBC. Be sure to enter your consignor ID number when prompted.
- Download the free barcode font from www.idautomation.com/fonts/free/. This link will direct you to a web page that looks like the following picture. We suggest using the first option “Download from Download.com recommended“.You will need this font to create barcodes on your tags.
Click on the link to download.’ Select ‘Zip file download.’ Save the file where you can find it. After the download is complete, open the zip file and double-click on “INSTALL.exe”.
- Test installation by entering the information for at least 8 sample items and then print out a test page of tags on CARDSTOCK. Be sure to look at the barcode (if you did not install the barcode font correctly, you will just see a line of numbers).
- If they printed correctly…continue adding the rest of your items! Remember: Final tags MUST be printed on cardstock (either white or pastel, depending on your donation plans).
- If they did NOT print correctly…first try adjusting your printer’s setting (each printer will print tags differently.) If you need additional help, visit www.tagityourself.com/help/tags/printing.htm or contact TagIt directly at email@example.com.
REMEMBER: If you DO NOT want to donate your unsold items after the sale, use white cardstock. If you DO want to donate your unsold items after the sale, use
Your TagIt or TagItLite tags will include:
- Your consignor ID number as assigned to you. If you do not have a consignor number, register at Become A Consignor.
- Size: Please use the numerical size for clothing and shoes (0-3 mo., 12-24 mo., 4T, etc.) Please DO NOT use S, M, L, XL sizing. The exception for this is maternity clothes. We realize that some children’s clothing only has S, M, L, XL sizing. Numerically size your clothing, to the best of your ability. If you are unsure, compare the item to a similar item in order to determine the numerical size. If there is no size, such as with a toy, leave that entry blank or enter N/A. For the Fashion Exchange, please follow the guidelines outlined in Size Charts.
- Gender: Please indicate Girls, Boys, or Neutral for all clothing items, shoes, and accessories (belts, hats, etc.). Leave blank for all other items.
- Brand of item. If you do not know the brand, please enter “Unknown.”
- Description: Briefly describe your item. Include color, type of item, etc. It is beneficial to include some unique descriptor so that we can better match the tag with the appropriate item.
- Price: You, the consignor, are responsible for setting the price for your items. We recommend about 1/3-1/4 of the original retail price if your item is in excellent condition. Please price your items in $.50 increments, with a minimum of $2.00. If your item cannot bring $2.00 on its own, it probably isn’t the right item for the MBC sale. Remember, we only want the best of the best!
- 1/2 Price Option: If you DO NOT want your unsold items to be sold for 1/2 price on Saturday, enter a star in the lower left corner of the tag. If you DO want your items to be sold for 1/2 price on Saturday, leave that space blank.
- Donation: ANY item regardless of consignor # that will be donated if un-sold must be color coded Yellow. Items you will pick up on Saturday if un-sold needs to be color-coded based on the following:
Consignor #1 – 599 = Pink
Consignors #600-1999 = Blue
Consignors #2000-4999 = Orange
Consignors #5000 & higher = Green
Specifics on color-coded tags can be found HERE.
Attaching Your Tags:
- Secure your tags to the top right corner of your clothing items using a tagging gun or safety pin. Make sure to puncture your tag in the top center of the tag. Tip: Place your safety pin vertically through the tag so that the pin goes through the tag only once. Please do not use small safety pins (our de-taggers thank you in advance).
- Secure tags to toys, baby items, etc. using either clear packing tape, narrow ribbon, or loop fasteners. If using tape, only place tape across the top of the tag for easier removal at check-out. Be sure not to cover up the barcode with tape…that can make scanning the item difficult.
- If you decide to change anything on your completed tag, a new tag will need to be printed. We will not accept any tags with scribbles, cross-outs or white-out, simply for security reasons.
- Consignors using barcoded tags will receive their check within 3-5 days of the sale.