NEW!!!!! – We have switched to a web-based program, My Sale Manager (MSM), for tagging. Although we will have a transition period through 2018, we expect ALL items to be entered into MSM and printed with barcodes by 2019.
Do you have handwritten and/or TagIt tags? (Any tag used at MBC in the past.) To help lesson confusion for shoppers, all tags must indicate the information show with a red arrow in the following picture. (We are moving away from the star/no-star for discounting.) Please either re-tag items by entering them into MSM or hand write whatever information is missing.
The importance of barcodes:
- Consignors will save A LOT of time tagging their items.
- Consignors will have inventory sheets to keep track of their items.
- Consignors can easily track their items DURING and after the sale.
- Shoppers can easily read tags.
- The barcodes greatly speed up our check-out lines.
- The barcodes eliminate keying errors at the registers.
- Barcodes eliminate the need for us to sort and add up all of the tags manually, resulting in consignors getting their checks sooner.
- Our sale will look better!! Nicely printed tags are much more attractive to shoppers!
Don’t forget…Please color code your tags. Details, including easy ways to color code your tags, can be found HERE.
Pricing Your Items:
You, the consignor, are responsible for setting the price for your items. We recommend about 1/3-1/4 of the original retail price if your item is in excellent condition. Please price your items in $.50 increments, with a minimum of $2.00. If your item cannot bring $2.00 on its own, it probably isn’t the right item for the MBC sale. Remember, we only want the best of the best! Not sure how to price your items? Use the following tips.
- Remember you are “in competition” with all the other consignors to sell items. Keep your prices “competitive”.
- What would YOU pay for that item?
- What brand is your item? Name brands normally sell for a higher price than store brands. Boutique items sell for a higher price than name brands.
- Is the item NWT (New With Tags)?
- What is included with the item?
- What are similar items going for on ebay, Craigslist, Amazon, etc?
- Remember that this sale can be a blessing for many families in the community who are living on a tight budget.