NEW!!!!! – We have switched to a web-based program, My Sale Manager (MSM), for tagging. All items need to be entered into MSM.
EXCEPTION – Occasionally consignors will need to hand write a tag or two. To help lesson confusion for shoppers, all tags must indicate the information show with a red arrow in the following picture. Please either re-tag items by entering them into MSM or hand write whatever information is missing.
Avoid a $5 “Small Safety Pin” Fee:
Use only large or medium safety pins to attach your tags to items. The small and tiny pins are VERY difficult to remove during check-out. The picture below is a helpful guide to pin size.
Don’t forget…Please color code your tags. Details, including easy ways to color code your tags, can be found HERE.
Pricing Your Items:
You, the consignor, are responsible for setting the price for your items. We recommend about 1/3-1/4 of the original retail price if your item is in excellent condition. Please price your items in $.50 increments, with a minimum of $2.00. If your item cannot bring $2.00 on its own, it probably isn’t the right item for the MBC sale. Remember, we only want the best of the best! Not sure how to price your items? Use the following tips.
- Remember you are “in competition” with all the other consignors to sell items. Keep your prices “competitive”.
- What would YOU pay for that item?
- What brand is your item? Name brands normally sell for a higher price than store brands. Boutique items sell for a higher price than name brands.
- Is the item NWT (New With Tags)?
- What is included with the item?
- What are similar items going for on ebay, Craigslist, Amazon, etc?
- Remember that this sale can be a blessing for many families in the community who are living on a tight budget.
- For items on hangers (clothing, blankets, costumes, etc.), place your tag on the top right side of the item. This allows shoppers to easily see each tag as they look through hanging items. Attach the tag using a medium or large safety pin (see picture above) by going the the top center of the tag ONE time vertically, through the item.
- All non-hanging items…use your best judgement. Place the tag so that it does not cover up anything the shopper might want to see. Do not put tape on item stickers, painted items, etc. Use clear packing tape to go over the tag ONCE. Feel free to use ribbon, safety pins, etc. to attach tags to items that will not hold tape.
- Below are some examples of tag placement. (Note: The pictures are from previous sales, before we switched to MSM.)