Step 1a– Register as a Consignor. CLOSED – Will open in February for the March 2019 sale.
Returning Consignor If you have consigned with MBC in the last 5 years, please click on “Returning Consignor”. (The first time you use MSM, you will enter your consignor number and the last 4 digits of your phone number. This could be your cell or home phone, whatever was listed first with our previous system. If those don’t work, use “nown” as your password.) If you have had more than one consignor number, only your “main” number is registered. Please contact Joanna to register your second number (firstname.lastname@example.org).
New Consignor CLOSED – Will open in February for the March 2019 sale.
Everyone else will click on “New Consignor”.
After confirming your information, you’ll pay your $15 Consignor Fee via Paypal.
After paying, log into your Consignor Homepage to view your contact info, inventory status, volunteer shifts, drop-off (check-in) and pick up appointments. Additional information is available during the sale and after regarding estimated earnings and reports. (Note: You can change your password in the drop-down Activities Menu.)
Step 2 – Register for a Check-In/Drop-Off slot.
Step 3 – Register for a Pick-Up time
Please arrive within your block of time and help us keep pick-up moving quickly. This appointment will show up on your Consignor Homepage for reference. More information regarding Pick-Up can be found HERE.
Step 4 – Register for Volunteer/Donation/Service slots
Earn Pre-Sale Passes & Higher Retaining Percentages! (BONUS- Volunteer 2 or more hours and receive $5.00 back on your profit check.) All of the volunteer shifts are located within MSM. Donations/Service options will be sent to registered consignors in their confirmation email. PLEASE consider volunteering at least a few hours of your time. Your volunteer shifts will show up on your Consignor Homepage for reference. More information about Volunteer/Donations/Services can be found HERE.
Step 5 – Organize
Having your items sorted and ready for tagging will make data entry much quicker! MSM has drop-down boxes for Category and Size (more info below). It will “remember” these two boxes after you submit an item. Please reference Preparing Your Items for more details, including pictures/examples.
Step 6 – Item Entry & Tag Printing
Items & Tags
Deadline for entering items is 12pm on the Wednesday before the sale opens! Using My Sale Manager (MSM), you will be able to quickly enter your items following our What To Consign guidelines. My Sale Manager allows you to manage the items you are selling and make changes as necessary. You can change your price, category, description, and whether or not you are discounting or donating, up until you print a tag. Once you print a tag, if you make changes to an item online, you MUST print a new tag as the bar code will be different. Tags will print 10 to a page. Click HERE to see examples of barcodes.
For each item, your tag will include:
- Category – Be sure to include the appropriate category for your item so our volunteers can prepare the sale floor. Click HERE for a list of the categories.
- Size – Choose the appropriate size of your item, if applicable. Note you can only use numbers and no “S”, “M”, “L”, etc. If you don’t know the size, hold the item up to other similar items and use your best judgement.
- Description – Use these two lines for Brand and a detailed description. This is especially useful for us matching found tags to the appropriate item. If these were found tags, which one would more likely be matched with it’s item?
Example 1: Gap NWT
LS pink shirt with white flowers
Example 2: Graco blue & white
pack & play with carrying bag
- Price – Minimum $2.00, increments of $.50.
- Quantity – Generally you will have only 1 of an item, but if you have multiple items that are exactly the same, adjust the quantity.
- Discount/No Discount – Do you want the item to go for Half Price if it hasn’t sold by Saturday?
- Donate/No Donate – Do you want to donate un-sold items? (If you mark Donate, you should also allow the item to go half price!)