**Text Alerts – Don’t miss out on important announcements. Sign up for MBC text alerts! Click HERE to register.
NEW – Spring Sale 2018
No Maternity – Due to the lack of sold maternity items and the need for additional clothing space, we will no longer sell maternity clothing. However, we will still accept nursing bras, maternity belts (support belts), etc.
Item Limits – STAY TUNED for information about non-clothing item limits!
MBC made the following adjustments the last few sales:
Color Coded Tags – (started Holiday 2017) To make sorting of un-sold items easier and more efficient, we have implemented a color coding system based on consignor number. Please read more details HERE.
No Re-Stock – Due to the limited amount of volunteers available for both Thursday evening and Saturday “sort & tear-down”, we will no longer have Re-Stock Thursday evening.
Pre-Sale Times – There will only be two Pre-Sale pass times: 5-8p for Volunteers (anyone who earns at least 2 points) and 6-8p for Consignors +1. Consignors can use the “+1 Pass” for anyone ages 6 and up. This will give consignors who would like to shop with their children a pass to get them both in at the same time. (Or, leave the kids at home and bring a friend!)
Tagging Service – We have updated our Tagging Service policies and fees.
Designated Charities – MBC will now designate different charities each sale to receive donations. Please visit HERE for more information, including the Holiday 2017 recipients.
Pre-Sale Age Restrictions – We are lowering the minimum age requirement from 8 to 6 years old to allow families to bring their “picky kids” to help shop. All other Pre-Sale rules apply…ages 6 and up must have THEIR OWN pass.
* Reminder: MBC has always been an “all-seasons” consignment sale.
* Reminder: The consignor agrees not to consign items under their consignor number on behalf of another individual. Please respect MBC and this policy so consignors are able to take advantage of increased retaining percentages.
* Reminder: If you have successfully printed tags with barcodes in previous sales, you may need to download and install a renamed barcode font if you have downloaded a sale profile since 9/25/2014 and the barcode is not showing on your tags. See http://tagityourself.com/lite/help/barcodefont.htm for more information.
* (Optional) We have created a form you can print and fill out for your $20 or more items. Check-in will be quicker if you bring this with you.
* Speaking of forms, check out the Documents page where you can easily access most MBC documents. Let us know if you would like some thing specific added to this page!
* Reminder: MBC follows recommendations by the FDA and La Leche League when it comes to selling breast pumps. Unless a pump is NEW (in original packaging) or an approved “closed system”, MBC will not accept breastpumps. Please read the following web pages for more information: FDA; La Leche League.
* Bonus Volunteer Points – Consignors who volunteer for 4 or more hours during specific shifts will earn a bonus point! This includes the designated “volun-told” husband shifts. Sign up HERE.
* The consignor understands that a $20 fee will be assessed for checking in items after 2:00pm on Wednesday. In an effort to allow MBC staff ample time to set-up for the Pre-Sale, please do not bring your items after 2:00pm on Wednesday.
* Descripiton on Tags – Gender (Girls/Boys/Neutral) will be added to tags under “Size”. Tags made with any of the TagIt programs (using the current Sales Profile) and Excel template will be formatted automatically.
* Dollar Rack – Please do not intentionally bring items for the Dollar Rack. MBC would like to maintain our standards for quality items. The Dollar Rack is a courtesy option for items with minor imperfections. Excessive amounts of items not meeting MBC standards will be placed in the consignor’s tub.
* More Space! – We are renting the smaller Maize Rec multi-purpose room connected to the “back” of the large room! Larger items such as strollers, highchairs, furniture, etc. will be displayed in the additional 1,800 sf room.
* Increased Clothing Limits – With the additional space, we have increased our clothing limits. Consignors may now bring 125 total hanging items. For sizes preemie to 24 months/2T, consignors are allowed 50 clothing items per gender. Have more than 50 items? Try combining like items (i.e. 2 tank tops, 2 onesies, 2 pairs of pants, etc.) or make sets. Gender neutral does not count within the “50 under 2T” rule.
* Set Consignor Fee: MBC has tried to help consignors financially as much as possible with a low consignor fee and higher retaining percentages. To keep up with increasing costs (larger space = higher rent, advertising options, etc.), we will no longer give back $5.00 for barcode users. This is the best and most cost effective option for both consignors and MBC.
* No Checks: MBC will no longer accept checks. We will, however, continue to accept cash and major credit cards with a valid I.D.
* Sealed Clothing Bags: Consignors are asked to NOT tape/seal their baggies that contain clothing. This will allow MBC staff to inspect all items before sealing bags and placing them on the sale floor.
* Consignor Fee: $10 must be paid at the time of registration and is non-refundable. Since registration is limited to 200, we hope the up-front fee will eliminate no-show’s and allow the serious consignor an opportunity to consign.
* Custom/Homemade Items – Please respect our vendors and do not sell items you make. For example, hair bows, tutus, blankets, etc. It is okay to bring one or two of these items, but please do not bring more or they will be left in your tub. Please sign up to be a vendor if you would like to bring additional items.
* De-tagging process during the sale: In order to speed up the de-tagging lines and give more time for volunteers to check tags/items, MBC will no longer take clothing off hangers.
* MBC will record all consignor items marked for $20 or higher at consignor check-in. (Previously the limit was $30 or higher.)
* To help volunteers match tags with items, MBC would like all consignors to add more specific information when filling out the “Item Description” section on their tag.