If you are not interested in using the FREE software program called TagItLite or excel form to print your tags, PLEASE CAREFULLY READ the information below. (Remember, consignors that use barcoded tags will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win 85% of their total sales!)
Tags not meeting the MBC requirements will NOT be accepted. If you ever have any questions regarding tagging, please contact us! We want your tagging process to be easy and we also want to avoid the need for you to re-create any of your tags!
The following are the directions for hand-writing your tags.
- Use 1/2 of a 3×5 index card. Please DO NOT use computer or notebook paper, as they will tear too easily and may get separated from your item.
- Use 1/2 of a color coded 3×5 index card if you DO NOT want your unsold item to be donated at the end of the sale. You can also use color-coded cardstock and cut your tags to the correct size.
- Use 1/2 of a yellow 3×5 index card if you DO want your unsold item to be donated at the end of the sale. You can also use yellow cardstock and cut your tags to the correct size.
Your hand-written tags will include:
- Your consignor ID number as assigned to you. If you do not have a consignor number, register at Become A Consignor.
- Size: Please use the numerical size for clothing and shoes (0-3 mo., 12-24 mo., 4T, etc.) Please DO NOT use S, M, L, XL sizing. The exceptions for this are juniors and maternity clothes. We realize that some children’s clothing only has S, M, L, XL sizing. Numerically size your clothing, to the best of your ability. If you are unsure, compare the item to a similar item in order to determine the numerical size. If there is no size, such as with a toy, leave that area blank. For the Fashion Exchange, please follow the guidelines outlined in Size Charts.
- Gender: Please indicate Girls, Boys, or Neutral for all clothing items, shoes, and accessories (belts, hats, etc.). Leave blank for all other items.
- Description: Briefly describe your item. Include color, type of item, etc. It is beneficial to include some unique descriptor so that we can better match the tag with the appropriate item.
- Brand of item: If you do not know the brand, please write “Unknown.”
- Price: You, the consignor, are responsible for setting the price of your items. We recommend about 1/3-1/4 of the original retail price if your item is in excellent condition. Please price your items in $.50 increments, with a minimum of $2.00. If your item cannot bring $2.00 on its own, it probably isn’t the right item for the MBC sale. Remember, we only want the best of the best! (Note: If your tag is missing the price, MBC will assign the minimum $2.00 price.)
- 1/2 Price Option: If you DO NOT want your unsold items to be sold for 1/2 price on Saturday, please put a red star in the lower left corner of the tag. If you DO want your items to be sold for 1/2 price on Saturday, leave that space blank.
- Donation: ANY item regardless of consignor # that will be donated if un-sold must be color coded Yellow. Items you will pick up on Saturday if un-sold needs to be color-coded based on the following:
Consignor #1 – 599 = Pink
Consignors #600-1999 = Blue
Consignors #2000-4999 = Orange
Consignors #5000 & higher = Green
Specifics on color-coded tags can be found HERE
Attaching Your Tag
- Secure your tags to the top right corner of your clothing items using a safety pin. Make sure to puncture your tag in the top center of the tag. No small safety pins, please. Tip: Place your safety pin vertically through the tag so that the pin goes through the tag only once.
- Secure tags to toys, baby items, etc. using either clear packing tape, narrow ribbon, or loop fasteners. If using tape, only place tape across the top of the tag for easier removal at check-out.
- If you decide to change anything on your completed tag, a new tag will need to be written. We will not accept any tags with cuts, scribbles, cross-outs or white-out, simply for security reasons.
- Consignors handwriting their tags will receive their check within 10-15 days of the sale.